Please print and fill out the client organizer and bring it with you when you come to have your taxes prepared. The organizer will help you make sure you have all the information you will need to prepare your taxes.
This Tax Organizer is a great way to help you pull together information needed to prepare your taxes. It facilitates a quick workflow for your tax preparer and saves you time and money.
Please print and fill out the organizer and bring the completed form to your tax appointment. Don’t forget to bring your source documents (W-2's, 1099's, etc.) and the last three years of tax returns if you are a new client. By doing this you greatly expedite the tax preparation process.
What to bring to the appointment:
· Original source documents such as W-2's, 1099's for interest, dividends, and miscellaneous income and health insurance documentation (1095-A, 1095-B, or 1095-C).
· Bring any statements from investment accounts showing gains or losses on sales of investments.
· Copies of the settlement statement from any purchase or sale of real estate.
· Any backup for itemized deductions like mortgage interest, charitable contributions or other items.
· Please bring your last three filed tax returns if you are a new client, or as many as you can put your hands on. (Tax returns are used to gain familiarity with your tax situation and very often are used to find deductions you might have missed or might have handled incorrectly.)
As a general rule, when in doubt.....bring it!